Friday, November 18, 2011

Real life Conversation

Suppose, you are looking for a house. A dialogue between you and a passer-by.
Myself :
Excuse me! Do you have some seconds?
Passer-by :
Oh, sure! How can I help you?
Myself:
Actually, I am in quest of a house.
Passer-by:
Do you have the address of the house?
Myself:
Yes, I do. It’s 367/2-A, Paikpara, Mirpur.
Passer-by:
Can you tell me the name of the house-owner?
Myself:
Oh, no! but the house owner is a retired physician.
Passer-by:
I think he is Dr. Abid the name of the house is Abid Castle.
Myself:
Yea! How can I get there?
Passer-by:
Go along this road and take athe 3rd turning to the right ad then follow the right. It is 367/2-A Paikpara, Mirpur. But remember that Charly Homes School is there. Your address is close to the school.
Myself:
Should I take the rickshaw?
Passer-by:
Not at all. It’s not so far. You can go on foot.
Myself:
Thank you so much.
Passer-by:
It’s my pleasure.

Dialogue between two friends on city life and village life
Maria :
Hey, how are you today?
Hridoy:
Not so good.
Maria:
I guessed so by your gloomy face.
Hridoy:
Actually, I’m so homesick.
Maria:
It means you are missing you hometown, right?
Hridoy:
Yea, especially my village life.
Maria:
Don’t you like city life?
Hridoy:
Enough of it. I’m fed up.
Maria:
Curious indeed! People are mad for the city and this sickens you. What’s the trouble here?
Hridoy:
Now ends of troubles. This noise, this crowd, this congestion, this dirt, this smoke and what not.
Maria:
And you prefer a dull sluggish life among a set of illiterate persons! There’s no cinema, no theatre, no charms, no TV programmes and not even any good road.
Hridoy:
But the sun shines there brightly over the fields and the streams, the flowers smile and the people, though illiterate, are so simple they sympathetic and innocent.
Maria:
A poet’s dream! Think of the rainy season, the knee-deep mud, frogs, snakes and the howl of jackals at night.
Hridoy:
There’s peace and scared happiness. There’s beauty of nature everywhere in the village and there life is very easy-going and peaceful, but not full of din and bustle as we find in the town life.
Maria:
However, beauty doesn’t help life. No doctor, no hospital, no school, no college, no university. In a word, you can’t do without a city in this 21st century.
Hridoy:
Surely a city is a necessity, but there must be the village occasionally to breathe out a sigh of relief.
Maria:
Thank you, my friend. Live in the village and leave me for the town.
Hridoy:
Thank you, too. I will always receive you in my green and fresh village life.
Maria:
I’m waiting for that. Bye
Hridoy:
Bye

Daily phrase:

Easier said than done-  to change one’s opinion or decision

Example: You want to climb Mont Everest? Easier said than done!
Example: Moving into a new home is easier said than done.

Hang in there - to persevere, to not give up

Example: I know you are four games behind, but you can still win the tennis match. Just hang in there!
Example: Hang in there, Jemmy! Your invention will soon be a success.

(to) look on the bright side - to be optimistic; to think about the positive part or aspect of a situation

Example: You lost your job? Look on the bright side, now you’ll have more free time!
Example: You made so many mistakes while you were talking. Look on the bright side, now you won’t make such mistakes again.

Out of work- Unemployed; not working

Example: Gary was out of work for a year before finding a new job.
Example: Bob is out of work. Do you know anybody who might want to hire him.

Stressed out- under severe strain; very anxious
Example: Ali is so stressed out about his job that he can’t sleep at night.
Example: You’ve been so stressed out lately. You really need to take a long vacation!

0 comments: